By Ann Styles Brochstein and Cynthia Metcalf
So now that the GOP convention is over, we can focus on why America needs to elect Hillary Clinton for POTUS. Here goes…we’ve compiled our Top 10 reasons (+2) to vote for Hillary:
- She’ll appoint Supreme Court justices who will keep the court from jumping off the right wing cliff.
- Utopia not Dystopia: Her vision for our country isn’t Mad Max based, like He Who Must Not Be Named.
- She’s not afraid to take on the NRA to enact sensible gun laws while preserving the 2d amendment just like our Founding Fathers intended.
- She will create jobs for the growing pantsuit manufacturing industry in the US!
- Governing with a vagina… yes she has one. Finally someone who knows what women’s issues are really all about–preserving and expanding women’s healthcare & reproductive rights.
- She will make college affordable for everyone!
- She will give EVERY child a chance to succeed with early childhood education programs
- It’s about time a man got a chance to become First Spouse!
- She’s sane and enormously respected around the world. Her foreign policy experience is second to none and what we need in an increasingly unstable and complicated world.
- She will help the US move away from a Red & Blue culture to one where “We are all in this together” #LoveAndKindness.
- Electing Hillary will give Chappaqua two Presidents to march in our Memorial Day Parade, something no other town in the U.S. can claim.
- Will change HIStory to HERstory! (Mic drop)
Okay, we couldn’t whittle the list down to just 10! There are even more reasons we wanted to add, like protecting the environment and insuring LGBTQ rights which are equally important. She’s obviously the smartest & most experienced candidate to run for POTUS in our lifetime, so let’s do the right thing and elect Hillary! Not voting is not an option!
Chappaqua’s own Cynthia Metcalf (bottom photo) & Ann Styles Brochstein have well over 3,000 twitter followers (from all over the world) for their frequently irreverent and witty tweets in support of their hometown candidate for POTUS. Metcalf and Brochstein are also long time Chappaqua residents, 18 & 24 years respectively, and moms with six great kids between them. When they’re not tweeting & posting, Cynthia is a soccer mom of one and college-tuition paying mom to three & empty nester Ann is a doggie mom. You can follow them on Facebook at: Chappaqua & US 4 Hillary NOW, and on Twitter@Neighbors4Hill.