“How to Keep Empty Nesters in the Community” is a second subject area to be addressed on Thursday, July 30, 7:30-8:30 p.m., during a Second Roundtable Discussion at the Chappaqua Library. Town Supervisor Robert Greenstein states that “these discussions provide an opportunity for participants to share their views about important issues facing New Castle.”
The following questions will be included:
1) Why stay in town & pay taxes after your kids have left the house?
2) Would you want to downsize–to save money and time on maintenance–and still stay in town?
3) If you downsized, what type of housing would you prefer (condos, townhome, one-story house, active upscale living communities)?
4) Would housing near the train station interest you?
5) What are the services available for seniors (transportation, meals on wheels, volunteer opportunities)?