Advice from Jodi’s Gym
- Does the program have clearly defined curriculum?
- What are the qualifications of the teachers? USAG safety certified, background checked, CPR/First Aid, experience working with children, education, gymnasts…the more qualifications, the better!
- What is their initial training? What ongoing training do their teachers receive?
- Are the class ratios low? This is very important for a safe gymnastics environment.
- Is the equipment suitable for the age group?
- Is the gym set up safely? There should be clear paths for children to walk and safe landing areas for dismounts.
- How clean is the gym? Clean and safe go hand in hand.
- What are the qualifications of Program Manager? Their training, education, background and experience in the
- position are all important.
- How carefully are their students supervised? The teachers should be able to see all of their students at all times (never with their backs to them.) Teachers should also always have their entire group of children
- Are multiple staff members always present? A facility should always have more than one staff member present and lobby should be attended.
Visit www.jodisgym.com or call 914-244-8811