10. When shopping for kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, be sure to compare apples to apples as to cabinet manufacturer, construction options, and most importantly quality of finish. There are a million cabinet makers out there from low end to the most prestigious; pick one that fits your budget.
9. Find the right salesperson. Work with someone who understands you and can guide you properly. Be sure he or she has several years of experience in the kitchen and bathroom industry.
8. Spend a little time researching cabinets and cabinet dealerships. You will feel much better about your purchase decision and you will be armed with information when you enter a showroom. Knowledge is key.
7. Ask around for opinions as far as design and cabinet details (door style, finish, etc.). One idea may lead to another and all of the sudden you have the start of something beautiful!
6. Start a “kitchen ideas” file. When something catches your eye in a magazine (door style, finish, design, counter top, etc.), clip and file it. After awhile you will return to the file and eventually find exactly what you want.
5. Hire a General Contractor to manage the renovation. Unless you have been through a renovation by yourself, the value of a one-stop-shop is priceless. You work with one person who in turn hires the trades. Ask for referrals to be sure they are reliable and professional.
4. Be sure the contract for any renovation includes a payment schedule. Never give more money than necessary up front; ask for payments to be payable upon completion of job tasks.
3. Make a decision and stick with it. Your first decision about something is usually your best; never second guess yourself.
2. Remember that your renovation is an investment! Kitchens and baths are the selling points of a home on the market. On the other hand, if you plan to live in the home after the renovation, what better way to spruce up your house and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
1. First and foremost, avoid being pound wise and dollar foolish. You get what you pay for, so do your homework and you will definitely make the right deal with the right person.
Richard Mucci is the owner of Euphoria Kitchen & Bath LTD.; a family owned and operated business since 1965.
shower accessories says
I will surely note down all these tips in renovating my bathroom. I found it very informative and useful. Thanks a lot for sharing
suction bathroom fittings says
Ya, you are right. I also find this blog a useful one. Got some effective ideas to beautify my bathroom.