By Grace Bennett
10) A Fitter Customer Profile. Trader Joe’s Management could one day boast the greatest influx of fit citizens in its corporate history. Each day, hundreds of trim and toned men and women will pour into the market after cycling along our popular North County Trail, walking their dogs at gorgeous Gedney Park (check out the beautiful fall scene here), or pumping iron at nearby Club Fit for an energy boost—and for generous replenishments of your discounted nuts and produce.
9) A Spike in Healthy Item Sales. Following a flu shot at Drug Mart, it will be a natural response to stock up on Vitamin C packed juices, not to mention pounds upon pounds of organic chicken and root veggies for homemade soup.
8) The “Chappaqua Moms” Facebook Factor Busy commuter Chappaqua Moms are addicted to many of your frozen entrees and desserts already and have been loyally commuting to White Plains for them. BUT (and especially after a successful petition spearheaded by Chappaqua Moms), bring Trader Joe’s to Millwood and Chappaqua Moms will soon be comparing notes about their favorite buys of the week ALL THE TIME in must read threads on Westchester County’s most populated and chattiest “Moms” page, now 5,500 people strong.
7) Cover Story Possibility The publisher of Inside Chappaqua is always open to cover story ideas. Joe, if he’s handsome and generous, could be a contender.
6) Specialty Food Shoppers Galore. After stocking up on wine for Passover at Dodd’s next door, for example, a stop at Trader Joe’s for quality gefilte fish and gluten-free matzah will be a matz.
5) Noshers Galore. Of course we already love the treats at Tazza’s when we stop in for our morning java, but who can resist the free noshes at Trader Joe’s? Those yummy mini samples of chili this and quiche that! I know it would take care of those lunch hunger pangs that begin at 10 a.m. for me! Plus: After burning so many calories on the trail, our inclination to nosh–and then shop, of course–is limitless.
4) Cool Celebrity Customers Vanessa Williams, Helen Williams, Ben Stiller, Etc. Just keep cool when Millwood and Trader Joe’s are tapped to be a set for a future movie.
3) Free Enhanced Security. Trader Joe’s will have free additional security when any of our Secret Service residents stop in to shop.
2) Hillary. She was recently spotted shopping at a local supermarket and quipped to someone eyeing her oddly that she needs to eat too. My hunch is she will be a regular.
1) Bill. I apologize in advance for any slowdown at the checkout counter when he engages your staff on national and world policy matters.
Come on, guys! — Grace
More reasons via Facebook from savvy New Castle readers:
11. “It would be fabulous for the many vegetarians in the area as well as those who keep Kosher.” Andrea Dresner Weinreb
12. “It’s easy to get to from Route 100 and the Taconic. I shopped at the Eastchester store yesterday and their parking lot is much smaller than Millwood’s and they have only one way in and one way out. The Millwood shopping center already has two entryways and could easily add more.” Michelle Hecht
13. “The traffic on the northbound Taconic from 5-7pm is significant. Lots of potential shoppers passing by!” Michelle Hecht
14. “I was just in the Hartsdale store, second time this week and again they’re sold out of the Chocolate Croissants! The very nice customer service person told me they would have more this afternoon.. well that would have been great news if they were in Millwood. So instead of shopping there once a month, it would be once a day for this Chappaqua Mom!!! Ann Styles Brachstein