By Jo Rosenfeld
10. Everything is New Under the Sun. Block whispers of those who claim to have been there and done that. From twists on themes to presentations of food it’s all how creative you can be on serving it to your guests!
9. Size Matters. Determine your personal party limits. Intimate to expansive, the “wow” factor comes when you are able to spend a few moments with each one of your guests.
8. Know No Boundaries. Lose leg irons which hold you back from redefining inside and outside spaces. A life event can serve cocktails indoors , allowing the reception to flow onto the grounds. BBQ “beyond ” in house for a white hot night!
7. Weather or Not, Here it Comes. Look on the bright side because when it comes to events, it’s all ” good luck.” Rain on a wedding day. A snowy Sweet 16. Your valet will warm the car and clear the windshield!
6. Create an Aura. Be mindful of the mood you set as a host. There exists a spectrum of vibes you can share from the time the invitation is sent until the last guest leaves. The
” happy bubble effect ” lingers on !
5. Destination Celebration. Put your finger down on the map and make it your reality. Birth order doesn’t have to determine where you celebrate. One always remembers a “first” when it comes to family life events. The sky’s the limit!
4. Video Chat. Consider how technology really can blend into an event.
Close up interviews give way to subtle segments of film which never speak from a still. The perfect gift for important others. A legacy for your kids!
3. Chemistry 101. Mix up couples on your guest list with creative seating charts. It’s often hard to hear anyone over the music, aside from the one next to you.
2. Add an Element of Surprise. Pull off the ultimate unknown with dress code and more.
Invite your guests to dress in head to toe black while the celebrity of the event pops in a single color. Even the camera will smile!
1. Be a Guest at your Own Party. Avoid the urge to be “point person” and be the person they point at. Leave planning and execution to experts. Sleep out the night before and be the first to arrive on our red carpet!
Jo Rosenfeld, proprietor of Jo Rosenfeld Occasions, is an Event Services Brokers. Her years of experience in the party industry has opened doors to vendors for both private and public celebrations. Visit her site, www.jorosenfeld.com.