From the campaign:
After a speech Wednesday outlining forward-looking vision for the economy
The following business leaders are announcing their support for Hillary Clinton for President today. These leaders believe that we are stronger together, and that Hillary is the best candidate to help build an economy that works for everyone.
Our campaign continues to hear from a wide range of business leaders like these from around the country who believe Hillary Clinton understands the complex world we live in and is proposing serious solutions. We expect to make additional announcements about the broad support for Hillary’s campaign for president as the campaign continues.
The following business leaders are endorsing Hillary Clinton today:
• Miki Agrawal, Founder and CEO of Thinx
• Dan Akerson, Former Chairman and CEO of General Motors
• Richard Anderson, Executive Chairman, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
• Stewart Bainum Jr., Chairman of Choice Hotels International
• James Bell, Former Interim CEO of Boeing; Former Corporate President and CFO of Boeing
• Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO of Salesforce
• Nathan Blecharczyk, Co-Founder and CTO of Airbnb
• Jeff Brotman, Co-Founder and Chairman of Costco Wholesale Corporation
• Warren E. Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
• Robert Burt, Retired Chairman, CEO FMC Corporation; Former Chairman Business Roundtable
• Ron Busby, President and CEO of the U.S. Black Chambers
• Brook Byers, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
• Peter Chernin, CEO, The Chernin Group
• Brian Chesky, Co-Founder and CEO of Airbnb
• Jim Cicconi, Senior Executive Vice President, AT&T Services, Inc.
• David Crane, Former CEO of NRG Energy, Inc.
• Erroll Davis, Retired Chancellor, University System of Georgia
• Barry Diller, Chairman and Senior Executive of IAC and Expedia
• John Doerr, Partner at Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, and Byers
• Margot Dorfman, President and CEO of U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce
• Candy Ergen, Co-Founder, DISH Network
• Joe Gebbia, Co-Founder and CPO of Airbnb
• Reed Hastings, Founder and CEO of Netflix
• Reid Hoffman, Partner at Greylock
• Drew Houston, Founder and CEO of Dropbox
• George Hume, President and CEO of Basic American Foods
• Irwin Jacobs, Founding Chairman and CEO Emeritus of Qualcomm
• Paul Jacobs, Executive Chairman, Qualcomm
• Leila Janah, Founder and CEO of Sama and Laxmi
• Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Magic Johnson Enterprises
• Robert Johnson, Chairman, The RLJ Companies and Founder of Black Entertainment Television
• Andrea Jung, CEO of Grameen America, and Former CEO of Avon
• Lynn Jurich, CEO and Co-Founder of Sunrun
• David Karp, Founder and CEO of Tumblr
• Ellen Kullman, Former Chair and CEO of DuPont
• Debra Lee, Chairman and CEO of Black Entertainment Television
• Ted Leonsis, Founder and CEO of Monumental Sports & Entertainment
• Aaron Levie, Co-Founder and CEO of Box
• Peter Lowy, CEO of Westfield
• Monica Lozano, Former Chairman and CEO, U.S. Hispanic Media
• Rob Marcus, Former Chairman and CEO Time Warner Cable Inc.
• William L. McComb, CEO (retired) of Liz Claiborne & Fifth and Pacific Companies, Inc.
• Rebecca Minkoff, Founder of Rebecca Minkoff
• Hamid R. Moghadam, Chairman and CEO of Prologis
• James J. Murren, Chairman and CEO, MGM Resorts International and Chairman, MGM Growth Properties
• Charles Phillips, CEO of Infor
• Mark Pincus, Co-Founder of Zynga
• Laura M. Ricketts, Co-Owner, Chicago Cubs
• Gary Rodkin, CEO (retired) of ConAgra Foods
• Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer of Facebook
• Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Alphabet
• Jim Sinegal, Co-Founder, Director and former CEO of Costco
• Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO and Co-Founder, Yelp
• Walter Ulloa, Chairman and CEO, Entravision Communications
• Wendell P. Weeks, Chairman of the Board, CEO and President, Corning Incorporated
• Anne Wojcicki, CEO and Co-Founder, 23andme
The individuals listed herein have endorsed in their personal capacity and this does not reflect the endorsement of any organization, corporation or entity to which they are affiliated. Titles and affiliations of each individual are provided for identification purposes only.
Here are comments from several of the individuals who are endorsing:
“Since my time at the Naval Academy and service in the Navy, I have consistently voted for Republicans for President. Serving as the leader of the free world requires effective leadership, sound judgment, a steady hand and most importantly, the temperament to deal with crises large and small. Donald Trump lacks each of these characteristics. Hillary Clinton has the experience and judgment to serve as an effective Commander in Chief. In this election, I will cast my ballot for Secretary Clinton.”
– Dan Akerson, Former Chairman and CEO of General Motors, Former CEO of Nextel, and Former Chairman and CEO of General Instrument. Mr. Akerson earlier served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy.
“Hillary Clinton has a proven track record of fighting for families and communities. She knows what it takes to create jobs. And she won’t endanger our future with risky policies.”
– Stewart Bainum Jr., Chairman of the Board of Choice Hotels International
“The U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. was one of the first Black organizations to support Hillary Clinton in the early stages, when it was deemed too early to publicly endorse her campaign. We said then that we believe she is the best candidate with the best understanding of the economic challenges facing Black business owners and small business owners across the board. Her ability to address the lack of capital and contracts in the Black business community will help decrease unemployment issues in our community.
In order for there to be a strong America you must have a strong Black America and in order to have a strong Black America, you must have strong Black businesses and the USBC feels Secretary Clinton will work to ensure that we have strong Black businesses.”
– Ron Busby, President and CEO of the U.S. Black Chambers
“I’ve supported every Republican Presidential candidate since 1976, and was honored to work for two of them. But this year I think it’s vital to put our country’s wellbeing ahead of party. Hillary Clinton is experienced, qualified, and will make a fine President. The alternative, I fear, would set our Nation on a very dark path.”
– Jim Cicconi, Senior Executive Vice President, AT&T Services, Inc.
“Hillary Clinton not only understands what we need to do here at home in order to succeed, but her service as Secretary of State has given her an important fluency in international politics and the global economy. Her ability to work with other democratic leaders stands in stark contrast to Donald Trump’s continued praise of authoritarian figures and support for dangerous and erratic policies. She has the temperament and experience to lead this country – and she is ready to be our next President.”
– Erroll Davis, Retired Chancellor, University System of Georgia
“I have seen first-hand the struggles of Americans who are working hard, providing valuable productivity and innovation but, due to an economic system that fails to reward all who contribute, are struggling to get ahead and support their families. America needs our next President to be a confident and experienced leader with the vision, temperament, capability and plan to unleash the economic power of American workers and small businesses to build an economy that works for and rewards everyone.
I personally support Hillary Clinton for President because she is not just a candidate who says she will help build an economy that works for everyone; she knows how to do it and has the leadership, vision, temperament and capability to get it done.”
– Margot Dorfman, President and CEO of U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce
“Trump would destroy much of what is great about America. Hillary Clinton is the strong leader we need, and it’s important that Trump lose by a landslide to reject what he stands for.”
– Reed Hastings, CEO and Co-Founder of Netflix
“Amongst the key qualities of any serious candidate for President of the United States is a keen understanding of the global economy, and the ideas and will to implement policies at home that improve the livelihood of all Americans. As an experienced entrepreneur and business person, I can say that Hillary is the candidate who best ensures the future of American prosperity.”
– Reid Hoffman, Partner at Greylock
“Hillary Clinton can effectively run every aspect of the position as President and Commander in Chief of the United States. Her decisiveness, pragmatism and calm demeanor stand in absolute contrast to Trump. Throughout her career, Hillary Clinton has demonstrated her commitment to America and will continue to advance this country and implement effective policies to grow the economy.”
-Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Chairman and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises
“As an African American businessman, I am convinced that my longtime friend Hillary Clinton will ensure through both government policy and the bully pulpit of her Presidency that African Americans, both entrepreneurs and working class minorities, have a significant role to play in benefitting through jobs and access to capital in growing the U.S. economy. Her reputation and experience speaks for itself and she is totally committed to the belief that the U.S. economy works best when the diversity of Americans join in to work for the best in America.”
– Robert L. Johnson, Chairman, The RLJ Companies and Founder of Black Entertainment Television
“Hillary Clinton is the most eminently qualified candidate to be the next President of our country. She has been a tireless advocate for working families, and has outlined effective policies to raise incomes, expand opportunity and strengthen our economy.”
-Andrea Jung, CEO of Grameen America and Former CEO of Avon
“I’m proud to support Hillary Clinton for President. Hillary’s commitment to clean energy is critical in solving today’s climate challenge. Our infrastructure is aging and Hillary understands that now is the time to build a modern energy infrastructure and create jobs with clean, affordable solar at the home.”
– Lynn Jurich, CEO and Co-Founder of Sunrun
“The decision we make in this election will impact America’s economic competitiveness for decades to come. I’ll be voting for Hillary this fall, because America needs a leader who will foster an economy built on innovation, diversity, intelligent immigration policy, and a progressive way of thinking.”
– Aaron Levie, Co-Founder and CEO, Box.
“As an immigrant from post-revolutionary Iran in the late 1970s, I have experienced first hand the opportunities that America offers its citizens. Our country is about tolerance and inclusion and that’s why, as a lifelong Republican supporter, I endorse Hillary Clinton for President in this election.”
– Hamid R. Moghadam, Chairman and CEO of Prologis
“Donald Trump has failed to put forth concrete and realistic policies to help the American people and grow the economy. Our President must care about the success of the country as a whole – not just himself. Hillary Clinton has a proven record of fighting for the American people, dating back to the beginning of her career at the Children’s Defense Fund. The American people need an advocate, not an opportunist.”
– Mark Pincus, Co-Founder of Zynga
“I have worked with Secretary Clinton for two decades, and she is uniquely qualified to be President. She has the experience, the insight, the policies and the strength to lead our great country.”
– Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Alphabet
“This election is much too important to sit on the sidelines.”
– Jim Sinegal, Co-Founder, Director and Former CEO of Costco
“Hillary is a strong, experienced leader who will move America forward. She understands businesses such as Entravision, which employs over a thousand people and serves communities across the country. As President, she will grow our economy, create jobs and strengthen our country.”
– Walter F. Ulloa, Chairman and CEO, Entravision Communications Corporation