by The Town of New Castle Beautification Advisory Board
Photos courtesy of NewCastleNow.org
1. Don’t throw trash out of car windows.
2. Dispose of litter in the appropriate receptacles available around Town.
3. Secure the lids on the refuse cans and recycled paper so the wind doesn’t scatter the contents. Remember that refuse containers are to be placed out no sooner than the night before pick up and brought back in by day’s end.
4. Don’t leave garbage in plastic bags; animals can and will easily tear them and scatter the contents.
5. Instruct your gardener NOT to blow leaves onto the roads, the gutters or the streams.
6. Gather fallen tree limbs and brush, tie them in bundles no longer than four feet and leave them at curbside. The Town picks up throughout the year. Consult the Refuse Calendar Schedule for your area and, remember, the town will not pick up piles left unbundled.
7. As you jog or walk through your neighborhood, please pick up any litter and, in particular, the yellow plastic tape left over from Hurricane Sandy.
8. If you put up Tag Sale signs or flyers, remember to go back and take them down as soon as possible after the event.
9. Embrace our motto, Be Neat to the Street, and keep your property clean to the curb. If every resident were to do this regularly, our streets would be consistently clean!
10. Join us at our annual “Clean Up Day” to be held on April 27. This year, to thank participants, the Beautification Advisory Board is giving discount cards to all volunteers. These coupons, offered by the organization “Thank You for Caring”, provide a 20% discount at participating restaurants and shops throughout our region. For further information, visit mynewcastle.org or call Town Hall at 238-4771.